Recommended Reading List for Pregnancy
General Reading References
- Great Expectations: Your All-in-one Resource for Pregnancy and Childbirth. Sandy Jones and Marcia Jones with Peter Bernstein, MD, MPH, FACNM, and Claire Westdahl, CNM, MPH, FACNM.
- The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth(4TH edition). Sheila Kitzinger.
- Easing Labor Pain: The Complete Guide to a More Comfortable and Rewarding Birth (revised). Adrienne Lieberman.
- Gentle Birth Choices. Barbara Harper.
- Pregnancy, Childbirth and The Newborn (revised). P. Simkins, J. Whalley, and A. Keppler.
- New Birth Partner (4th edition). Penny Simkin.
- The Well Pregnancy Book. Samuels and Samuels.
- An Easier Childbirth: A Mother’s Guide for Birthing Normally. Gayle H. Peterson.
- Birth Without Violence. Leboyer.
- Vaginal Birth after Cesarean: The VBAC Handbook. Churchill.
- The Essential C-Section Guide. Maureen Connolly and Dana Sullivan.
- Your Pregnancy and Newborn Journey: A Guide For Pregnant Teens. Lindsay and Brunelli.
- You Look Too Young To Be A Mom: Teen Mothers on Love, Learning and Success. Deborah Davis (editor).
- Eating For Pregnancy: An Essential Guide to Nutrition With Recipes for the Whole Family. Catherine Cheremeteff Jones.
- Having Twins and More: A Parent’s Guide to Multiple Pregnancy, Birth and Early Childhood. Elizabeth Noble.
- The Parent’s Guide to Raising Twins. Elizabeth Frederich and Cherry Rowland.
- Maternal Fitness: Preparing For a Healthy Pregnancy, an Easier Labor, and a Quick Recovery. Julie Tupler and Andrea Thompson.
- Fit To Deliver: An Innovative Prenatal and Postpartum Fitness Program: Safe and Fun Exercises Tailored by Professionals to Benefit Both You and Your Baby. Karen Nordahl, Carl Petersen, and Renne Minges Jeffreys.
- Exercising Through Your Pregnancy. James F. Clapp III, M.D.
- The Nursing Mother’s Companion (7th edition). Kathleen Huggins.
- Breastfeeding Your Baby. Sheila Kitzinger.
- Nursing Your Baby (revised). K. Pryor and G. Pryor.
Parenting / Childcare
- Solve Your Child’s Sleep Problems: New, Revised and Expanded Edition. Richard Ferber, M.D.
- Your Baby and Child. Penelope Leach
- Liberated Parents, Liberated Children: Your Guide to a Happier Family. Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish.
- The Well Baby Book (revised). Mike Samuels and Nancy Samuels.
- Dr. Spock’s Baby and Child Care: 9th Edition. Benjamin Spock, M.D.
- The New Baby at Your House. Joanna Cole and Margaret Miller.
- We Have a Baby. Cathryn Maryann Falwell.
- Mom and Dad and I are Having a Baby. Malecki.
Birth After 35 (Prenatal Testing)
- The Tentative Pregnancy. Barbara Katz Rothman.
- Which Tests For My Unborn Baby: Ultrasound and Other Prenatal Tests. Lachlande Crespigny and Rhonda Dredge.